• Caring for the Planet with Smart Sustainable Farming •
Pesto Provolone Panini
A tasty vegetarian panini highlighted by the rich flavor of pesto and fresh vegetables.
- Preheat panini press and layout two slices of thickly sliced round french bread with long flat sides next to each other.
- Lightly spread pesto onto both slices of bread and cover sides with a single layer of sliced Provolone cheese.
- Layer thinly sliced tomato, red onion and roasted peppers on one side and top with spinkle of grated parmesan cheese. Carefully place the other side (pesto and cheese) on top and you're ready to cook.
- Lightly brush the bottom panel of panini press with olive oil and place the sandwich diagonally on the grate (to create spiffy grill marks) and then brush top side of sandwich with olive oil.
- Close the press, cook for 5-7 minutes until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from press with spatchula, let cool 1-2 minutes, cut and serve.
French country bread (pain de campagne), thick sliced
Basil garlic pesto
Provolone cheese slices
Grated Parmesan cheese
Extra virgin olive oil