Roasted Mozzarella & Garlic Stuffed Peppers
This is a great grilled appetizer for a summer afternoon on the deck! The sweetness of the red peppers combines with the smooth mozzarella and savory garlic for a perfect snack that pairs well with a cold craft beer or glass of red wine.
- Cut Italian bread into cubes, about one cup. In a pinch, you can use your favorite croutons in place of the bread and skip to step 3.
- Saute the bread cubes in a little olive oil with one clove of chopped garlic, until golden brown. Drain on cubes paper towels, set aside. Transfer garlic pieces to mixing bowl.
- Add cubed mozzarella, torn/chopped basil, salt, pepper to bowl and mix with garlic pieces. Press remaining clove of garlic into mixture, add cooked bread cubes and drizzle with a little more olive oil. Mix well.
- Slice red bell pepper in half (top to bottom) and remove membrane and seeds. Lightly brush outside of peppers with olive oil and place in grilling basket/skillet (with holes). Fill peppers with cheese mixure and grill (cover down) with indirect medium heat.
- When done, peppers will be tender and cheese mixture will be melted, about 15 minutes.
Red Bell Pepper
Fresh Mozzarella cheese, cubed
2 cloves garlic
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil